• The development, review and management of project plans encompassing all elements of project delivery including OH&S, Quality & Environment.
• Offering a deep level and/or broad range of specialist technical engineering knowledge and experience when coaching staff or proposing solutions to engineering challenges with client stakeholders.
• Acting as the lead representative on projects, being comfortable working with a higher level of autonomy, exercising judgement and applying years of project experience to client, commercial and technical complexity.
• Proactive leadership and management of safety performance, standards and risk; compliance with all statutory, governance and regulatory requirements.
• Administration of contracts, management of commercial risk in accordance with the DOA, EOT, contract variations, etc.;
• Providing leadership, guidance and mentoring to the Project Engineers, Supervisors and junior members of the team, helping them deliver the job and develop their careers at the same time.
• Foreseeing, managing and mitigating risks and issues that may affect safety, schedule, quality and cost. Escalating these risks and issues as required.
• Complete, oversee or delegate assigned project tasks in accordance with the company protocols.
• Procurement, negotiation and management of required project resources including labor, materials, equipment, suppliers and sub-contractors;
• Close out assigned projects via granting of final completion, including securing of any retentions or bank guarantees and completion of the End of Project Reports;
• Degree in Engineering or Construction
Skills & Experience:
• Minimum 5 years’ experience as a project engineer in the post tensioning industry or in Civil Infrastructure Construction
• Adaptable to a variety of work and can multitask when appropriate.
• Technically orientated with extensive experience in Cantilever Bridges